Tips for Spring: The Fashion Caravan
If you’re currently living through (or have lived through) a Canadian winter, there’s one thing you know we’re all eagerly waiting for… SPRING! Spring is currently playing the “hard to get” game and seems to really be enjoying the chase. And some like myself have also been in denial and given up winter coats and boots altogether (though I must say, my toes suffered terribly for this).
Many associate spring with great fashion. Though that is true, spring is also about changing moods and becoming more active. Some partake in annual acts of spring-cleaning — both externally as well as internally — especially since spring is currently followed by Ramadan.
The coming months should be used in preparation for Ramadan and if there’s one thing that Ramadan has taught me, it’s that this sacred month is one of simplicity and minimalism. That being said, we can take that rule and apply it to everything in our lives. From the kinds of foods we consume, to the clothes we wear — simplicity always wins!
This spring we tried to keep it simple. From pastel hues to soft fabrics, every piece is a statement of its own.
Here are a few staple pieces you have to own or incorporate in your spring wardrobe:
1) Lace: A girl’s second best friend! Subtle lace details on a top or dress can completely change your outfit from casual to chic. The dress here is by Daya Couture, a Montreal-based brand; the navy viscose & lace scarf is by Fashion Caravan.
2) Statement necklaces: When we said keeping it simple, we meant it. One simple statement necklace will do the trick. We chose the Casa Loma necklace from Fashion Caravan for its pretty floral colours.
3) A day clutch: Whether you’re going to grab a coffee, going for lunch or simply taking a trip to the mall, a day clutch makes one’s outfit look a little more put-together. Opting for a brighter coloured clutch can help you keep it simple with your clothes and saves you the hassle of rummaging through an oversized bag. This calligraphy clutch is from Salam Shop’s collection and is the perfect Ramadan gift to yourself or a friend.
And that’s a wrap! Easy, simple and elegant! Until next time, à bientôt!
Special thank you to our model: Raameen Kazi!
Latest posts by Annum Khokhar (see all)
- The Fashion Conscience - November 30, 2015
- The Entrepreneurial Process: A Glimpse Behind Glitter and Lace - August 18, 2015
- Tips for Spring: The Fashion Caravan - April 30, 2015